Dragon Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Legendary Dragon Masters clan, the clan ruling the competitive world of Pokemon !

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mega Kangaskhan Analysis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pain

Pain

Location : a barren area of land where little precipitation occurs and consequently living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life.

Mega Kangaskhan Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Mega Kangaskhan Analysis   Mega Kangaskhan Analysis I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 am

Mega Kangaskhan

Name origin

Kangaskhan may be a combination of kangaroo and Genghis Khan, who was a founder of the Mongol Empire. This possibly is in reference to how its Pokédex data refers to how violently protective it is of its child.

As Mega Kangaskhan, the mother Kangaskhan appears unchanged like the unevolved pokemon. However, its baby has grown into a child and learned some important new features that is very significant in battles.

As one of my favourite Pokemon, I present you my best pokemon M*therf*cker (Mega Kangaskhan)

Mega Kangaskhan Analysis 115-mega

@Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Suggested Spread
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
0 Happiness

Moveset:
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Crunch
- Frustration

This set is my favourite and the most effective in this sixth generation for the following reasons:

Moves:
Fake Out allows Kangaskhan to Mega Evolve so it can boost its base Speed to 100, gives it a free turn to hit its opponents or even revenge kill weakened foes.

Low Kick - This move usually strikes for 120 Base Power as most Pokemon in Ubers are being so heavy. Its a great coverage move that hits Dialga so hard and even kills it as it Weighs 683 kg., Arceus Normal formes that would normally set up first with Swords Dance instead of attacking which means a free kill since Low Kick is a super effective move against it and a technical advantage too against Power Up Punch Mega Kangaskhan set as it OHKO's it.

Crunch is also a good option as it is more reliable than Sucker Punch and hits Giratina, Mega Gengar and other ghost types.

Frustration is what I also choose instead of Return due to the presence of Ditto, Mew and Smeargle’s that might copy it but normally have max happiness which means powerless for the move. It can even hit hard the ghosts types when unevolved having its Scrappy Ability.

Set Details:

The EV spread maximize Kangaskhan's power and Speed. 4 Defense EVs guarantees that Genesect will not obtain an Attack boost from Download which is common information that everyone has to know. An Adamant nature for my set increases Kangaskhan's damage output significantly, but must be carefully used as it really needs to be sent out to pokemon that it outspeed with its 100 based Speed.

Checks and Counters:
- Support Arceus Formes, Giratina & Giratina-O must be carefully handled as these Pokemon spread burns that your set don’t really like to get as it will weakened you so bad.
- You must also keep away from Fighting types like (Mega) Blaziken, (Mega) Lucario. Include Deoxys-A in list as some carries Superpower, Low Kick and even its Psycho Boost hit it so bad.
- Ferrothron with Iron Barbs would hurt it with double damage too it if carries Rocky Helmet because of its Parental Bond Ability so you have to wait for the time it has been weakened to kill it with your Low Kick with your Kangaskhan having enough HP to live the double damage it can get.
- Defensive Yveltal threatens your M*therf*cker too as its foul play damage it with these calculations:
4 Atk Dread Plate Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 264-312 (75.2 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 220-261 (62.6 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Include the damage you get from a Rocky Helmet when you attack it and it cause a you an OHKO.

Suggested Teammates would be Landorus-T to handle fighting types where it is weak to,  Yveltal to handle Giratina and Support Arceus formes (not intended to Arceus Rock) which walls it and even Mega Gengar that would sacrifice itself to take your Mega Kangaskhan down with it.
Clerics such as Xerneas and Sylveon would be helpful a lot whenever you got burned and can handle Fighting types as well.
And finally, Special Sweepers such as Geomancy Xerneas, Calm Mind Arceus formes, Choice Band/Life Orb Ho-oh, Lustrous Orb/Choice Scarfed/Specs/AV Palkia and Choice Scarf/Specs Kyogre would be great teammates that can absorb burns and offensively attack the opposing Pokemon which doesn’t resist it.

Last edited by Pain on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antacool

PostSubject: Re: Mega Kangaskhan Analysis   Mega Kangaskhan Analysis I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:32 am

Nice analysis Pain.
I would have mentionned Power Up Punch as another good option if you want to hit harder especially when Mega Kanghaskhan is burned. Also Earthquake to hit Ferrothorn without taking passive damage, while still do a good chunk to Dialga and steel stuff. And yeah, Crunch is cool but Sucker Punch also is for Mewtwo (Y) and priority when combined with Fake Out.
The choice of the moves depend of the team anyway, you can use Mega-Kanghaskan either for Priority and hitting fast, or for Wallbreak Smile
Back to top Go down
Mask of the Ice

PostSubject: Re: Mega Kangaskhan Analysis   Mega Kangaskhan Analysis I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 4:18 am

Sweeper Set :

Mega Kangaskhan Analysis 115-mega
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Body Slam / Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch / Crunch /EarthQuake

This set is more of sweeper/wallbreaker.PoP gives kanga a free SD that can't blocked by taunt.Body Slam has a good chance of paralyzing foe's while return packs more power.Sucker Punch solves kanga's speed problem.Last slot is used for Drain Punch which can hit steel types and give kanga some amount of HP back,allowing it to last longer.Crunch hits walls like Giratina while EQ hits Ferrothorn,Dialga,Scizor,Gengar,Giratina for SE/Neutral Damage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mega Kangaskhan Analysis   Mega Kangaskhan Analysis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mega Kangaskhan Analysis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragon Masters :: Public Zone :: Public Articles and Analyses-
Jump to: