Dragon Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Legendary Dragon Masters clan, the clan ruling the competitive world of Pokemon !

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yveltal Analysis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PomMan

Yveltal Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Yveltal Analysis   Yveltal Analysis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 am

Yveltal Analysis 717

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch/Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic/Taunt

This is the common set running around ubers at the moment, as a very good check to all the set up physical sweepers such as Arceus, Salamence, Blaziken and Kangaskhan, and is fairly self explanatory in use. Foul play boosted by Dark Aura is a ohko on any of the four aforementioned mons after set up, and with this on the team physical pokemon will rarely manage to be successful in attempting to sweep. This set does well on balance and defensive based teams, and is the best check to physical mons currently in the tier. A word of caution in this however is Ho-Oh, as Yveltal does not appreciate getting burnt, and as a result Ho-Oh is the only physical based mon who can beat Yveltal 1v1. Taunt can also be added to prevent Yveltal from being set up fodder for various CM pokemon such as cm arceus forms and slow Calm mind primal kyogres (although you should not stay in vs Kyogre with this thing unless you know for certain that it is slower than you, and are gutsy enough to go for taunt predicting calm mind).

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave/Taunt/Foul Play/Knock Off/U-Turn

Offensive Yveltal is a fairly big threat that isn't very prepared for in Ubers at the moment, due to how uncommon it is, however due to the lack of preparation for this set, offensive Yveltal can often put in a lot of work against opposing teams. The staples of this team are dark pulse and oblivion wing, which do at least neutral damage on everything else in the tier, with Oblivion wing also giving you a bit more longevity. The third move of choice for me is sucker punch, which allows you to beat life orb/mega-mewtwo-Y (which could beat this with thunder after rocks or prior damage), and also helps in finishing off opponents who are faster than you, such as + natured base 90 pokemon, and various other faster threats in ubers. The fourth move is optional, and can be suited for your needs, I personally prefer Taunt to help getting past Lugia, however the other moves can be used if you feel particularly Genesect weak or if you want to try and bait an arceus into setting up after revealing you're an offensive Yveltal before bopping it after an SD. U turn is also a nice option in gaining momentum with Yveltal to switch into something that checks whatever came into yveltal.

Scarfed Yveltal has been suggested, however I do not like Scarf yveltal personally, as I dont really see a good reason to run it over an LO set. The extra speed doesn't really help it, the lack of extra power from LO hurts it, and being choiced-locked in ubers is something I almost never like. Also, I like all of my choiced users to be able to carry sleep talk to beat darkrai 1v1.

Last edited by PomMan on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mask of the Ice

Yveltal Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yveltal Analysis   Yveltal Analysis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 am

Mention knock off in LO set or in the defensive set? It stops scarf/power herb xerneas switch-in.Also I think U-turn deserves OO at least.
Back to top Go down
Arsenal

Arsenal

Yveltal Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yveltal Analysis   Yveltal Analysis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:31 pm

For starters, great analysis.

Yveltal, works great for both offensive and defensive purposes. I've never used much lefties on the defensive set, I used dread plate a lot back in XY as sucker punch hits super hard using it, though, I prefer lefties over rocky helmet as recovering from rocks take priority first, rocky helmet is good if one knows how to keep rocks of the field (sadly, never had much success using rocky helmet due to SR).

Not much to say about the offensive set, if you have teams with spikes+SR, this offensive set causes some serious destruction and I highly doubt many walls can stop this monster while you're on a rampage and u-turn works great as well. It keeps up your momentum and I do admit that pairing this with mega-gengar was just amazing. Like mentioned above,"yveltal is a big threat and isn't prepared for atm". I do agree with this as well.
Back to top Go down
Dabroyo

Yveltal Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yveltal Analysis   Yveltal Analysis I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

taunt should be striked in the defensive yveltal analysis as with taunt and toxic it stops cm darkceus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yveltal Analysis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yveltal Analysis   Yveltal Analysis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yveltal Analysis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragon Masters :: Public Zone :: Public Articles and Analyses-
Jump to: